♥️ Art – Jo Miller is exploring different mediums and perspectives – mini wire and bead Bonsai trees, handmade PomPom hearts, pop up Valentines/Secret Message card, ever decreasing shape splashes (acrylic paint with sponging and stencils) 12th-15th.
♥️ Sport – Obstacle courses with the playground equipment and relay races. We find that the children prefer to take ownership of their choice of games such as sharky, sharky, doctor dodge ball, tag, basket ball, parachute games and make their own adaptations. Julie Nworgu (Coach Julie) will be guiding the sessions
♥️ Yoga – 12th, 13th, 15th, 16th with Grace Barry-Tait. The children are introduced to the basic yogic principals in a playful way. As a performer, Grace skilfully weaves other means of creative expression into the activity, which allows the children to explore the space physically through movement, and verbally through song
♥️ Science with Victoria Lockwood (Smells and Bangs!) Wednesday 14th. With a Valentine theme, Vicky will be teaching a session on ‘Chemical Tie Dye’. 5-12 yrs.
♥️ Afternoons and break times: For each age-group we will have own choice activities including: outside playground time, abundant art and crafts! Making dens, dressing up, percussion instruments, board games, book corner, Lego, and own role play/imaginative games are also encouraged.
♥️ Skateboarding with London Skate Club 4:15-5:15pm Monday 12th Feb – join Jonathan and Santiago for a nurturing beginners experience up to ramps, tricks and flips. All equipment provided
♥️ February half term Forest school is also a magical activity just before spring. The right clothes are essential (please ask us if you need outerwear). If the children are warm and dry on the inside they so enjoy the day!
- 7-12s Outdoor Forest school Parliament hill Lido swimming pool carpark 10-4pm with extended hours available
- 3-5s Outdoor Forest school Parliament hill Lido swimming pool carpark 10-4pm with extended hours available
- 5-7s Outdoor Forest school Parliament hill Lido swimming pool carpark with extended hours available
See all Future dates
Next holiday is Spring holiday – Tuesday 2-Friday 5 April and Monday 8-Friday 12 April 2024
EXTENDED HOURS FOREST SCHOOL
We are extending our hours for Forest school with a FS leader collecting the early bird children from Cavendish school 9am (tfl bus) and then dropping them back 5pm Please enquire or use the ‘additional hours for FS’ option when you book
Check out our Prices and dates
- Holiday Academy creative and sporty children’s day camp in NW1 London offers holiday day-care for children aged 3-12 (in age groups) at Cavendish school (near Camden underground tube and overground stations, and good bus services on the high street). Join us for exciting sessions including music, drama, dance, art, and playground games at our day-camp every school holiday.
- We have plenty of outside space and the children have a netball court-sized playground, and an additional smaller playground. The children are outside from 8.30-10am, 4-6pm, break times, sport sessions and the afternoons.
- We also run an outdoor programme if you want to be outside all day in the local parks, we have a fantastic Forest school programme for 3-5s, 5-7s, and 7-12s during the school holidays. All drop offs and pick ups are at a local park and this will be detailed in the welcome email which will come from email@example.com
- We are one of the only camps providing day-care from 8.30-6pm for children in London that take 3yr olds. We are Ofsted registered EY444368 and received a ‘Good’ rating. This means we are inspected as if we are a nursery setting.
- We have a core day of 10-4pm at the school, but later drop offs and earlier pick ups are available from 8.30am-6pm. Click here to see the prices and times.
- Currently the drop off and pick ups are at the park but we are piloting a scheme to extend the hours available – please enquire firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our appeal is that we have a holistic approach and provide space for a repertoire which compliments the school curriculum and sparks the children’s imaginations and initiave.
- We have a structured morning with high quality creative sessions starting with art and sport at 8.30am, and sessions including drama, music and sport (depending on the holiday) from 10am until 1pm. During the afternoons children are encouraged to play – there are sport and art activities but it’s also possible to choose books, board games, Lego, dressing up and building dens until 6pm. There is a cosy corner by the books for resting.
- Each activity or resource is age appropriate. Take a more detailed look here
- We are not able to provide nappy changing or disposal facilities as this is a primary school setting. Please liaise with us if you have any concerns regarding going to the toilet independently.
- Please pack a lunch, snacks and a water bottle for your child.
Outdoor Forest school clubs 3-5s, 5-7s, and 7-12s
There’s no such thing as bad weather if you’re wearing the right clothes, and this is so true! The Outdoor Forest school groups will run as usual throughout the 4 seasons. Please be aware when you are booking that if the dates are not green they are fully booked already and places are going fast.
FOREST SCHOOL FOR 3-5s, 5-7s and 7-12s, 10am-4pm Local parks
Terms and Conditions apply, and we reserve the right to change venue or any part of the programme to best accommodate the children’s needs. Current COVID-19 Govt guidance will apply.
Our Outdoor FOREST SCHOOL is an inspirational alternative learning experience which takes
place on a regular basis outdoors in natural settings and across all seasons
- Different activities each holiday
- How lucky are we to have parks so close by! We go exploring the natural environment in these green spaces: den/shelter building, making hot chocolate in Kelly kettles, team games and making friends, nature crafts, getting muddy, and having a great adventure
- Outdoor kitchen cooking, learning to make fires safely, and cooking delicious camp fire food
- Waterproof, outdoor jacket, trousers and boots essential –as are long sleeves, hat or cap and sun screen in Summer.
- Find out more about Forest School ethos here
*Booking Forest School for the full week is recommended as each session is linked. Prices and dates
*We reserve the right to change the programme
Sample Timetable for the creative/sporty daycamp
*We reserve the right to changes in the staff/programme